In my most recent Genius Hour, I have decided to talk about one of my favorite topics, food. Food is very important in ones everyday life and is different in many other cultures. Within my broad topic of food I narrowed it down to food in the United States, and while the states is still a broad are i narrowed that down to my hometown. Miami, Florida, where you can find different tastes.

I chose this topic because I already had background knowledge on it and I believe that it would be nice to learn more on it. I learned about the many different opinions of others and how they critique specific foods in Miami, I also learned about the many different influences in Miami and how majority of them are Caribbean and South American. As a person this helped me grow, because it gave me the opportunity to get closer and love my hometown more than I did before.

With this Genius Hour, I did more research with different types of medias. Based on the things that I learned it helped myself, to enjoy and love my hometown more than I did before. For others, it gave them the knowledge on what types of restaurants and in my opinion which ones are the best in Miami. What I plan to do for my next genius hour is something related to my future career. I wish to educate others on how long it takes and what qualifications are needed.

Here’s a direct link to my presentation.

Citations:

Gourmandj. El Mago de las Fritas. 06 Mar 2014. El Mago de las Fritas, Miami. Zomato. Web. 08 Feb 2016.